Thursday, October 8, 2009

day 13- and still no water!





13 days in africa, i have to say that i never even dreamed this. i think that i will look back on this experience and think of it as a dream. even though it has been crazy ups and downs it has been an adventure of a lifetime, a journey that has changed me forever. this has made me a better, stronger, more faithful person.

raymond is still doing well, today we had his second test. he didn't scream as bad as he did yesterday, but it was even more sad seeing him trying to be tough. it just broke my heart. we found out that since friday is uganda independence day, the labs are closed so we can't do the last test till monday. which stinks because i was hoping to have our visa appointment tomorrow afternoon. so now it looks like we will have raymonds final tests on monday and the visa appointment on tuesday. and praying that we will be heading home next friday!!! that is our number one prayer.

other than the test this morning raymond had a pretty good day. he had an emotional episode this afternoon and i have no idea what triggered it. all i can guess is he was just feeling overwhelmed, or part of adjusting to all the changes. he was laughing sitting on my lap one moment and then hysterical the next. he screamed for about 10 minutes, he didn't want me to hold him or talk to him. i finally just sat on the floor next to him and waited. after a few minutes he stopped and moved into my lap and let me hold him for a while. raymond did much better with meals today, he ate great all day! he is still singing ALL the time! At bedtime we did our usual routine, but when we finished our prayers he said night night mommy, i love you, gave me a hug and a kiss! AWESOME!!!

tomorrow is friday market, i am looking forward to going again. i am not sure what else is on the agenda. we have nothing planned for the next few days.

i forgot to mention that i got raymonds passport today! please continue to pray that the rest of our trip goes smooth, and we don't have any more delays!








6 comments:

  1. Stephanie,
    I've been trying to follow your blog as closely as I can. You are doing such a great job of conveying everything that is happening there. Can't wait until you are home in Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your words are a testimony to your faith. stay strong and remember how short this time is compared to your life as a whole, and how it certainly will feel like a dream when you are back home. god bless you. i prayed for you both and will keep doing so!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie,
    Again I am in awe of you and I am so proud of you. Your words are beautiful and they really give all of us an idea of what you are going through. You will look back and think it wasn't so bad. Sounds like Raymond is doing so well. I am so anxious to hear him singing. When I showed Max these pictures he said "That's My Brother". He misses you but is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie,
    We feel like we are there with you your descriptions are so awesome. Amazing. My heart just feels for what you are going through right now. I know just a little how powerful those emotions can be. We will be praying that all of this falls into place - and that God would share with you some of the blessing/purpose of the delay. It would just be extra special if He did. Raymond looks so happy. Praying for you! Love you tons. (ps following blog on phone.. not able to leave comments nearly enough!)

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raymond is SO stinkin cute!! :) I love the photos! Keep the updates coming- it is so wonderful to know what you are up to and how things are going. I will email you some pictures of Max at the fair tonight.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like your days are finally comming to an end. I so wish that for you! It was so graet chatting with you, yesterday. I'm sure that this trip has changed you and that you have grown on it. Steph, there is so much can be so so proud of. I'm in so much respect of what you have gone through.
    What you wrote about Silas beeing upsad today and what you have done, was for sure the totally right thing. Just the way as I have told you, and I've learned it. Isn't it wonderful, once it is over and they come and let us hold them? But I also know how bad 10 min of screaming are. Noah had done that for about 1 hour. Now he's down to less than 20 min, once it overcomes him.You do a great job and I'm sure the bonding will move on in big steps. It must have been a great feeling as he said, night mommy, for the 1st time! Raymond is soo cute, taking his bath.Hugs and lots of Love from all of us, Antje

    ReplyDelete