Friday, October 2, 2009

day 7- he’s finally with me!



check out the chairs that i picked up for Raymond & Max!!!

What an awesome day!!! It started out pretty rough; I woke up around 5:00am sick. I mean really sick. It was terrible, and being sick in Africa is not like being sick in the comfort of home. It feels so gross and then that makes you feel worse. It lasted about 2 hours and then I was fine! A group of us went together to the Friday Market, it was awesome and overwhelming. The Friday Market is basically everything that you see on the streets for sale or in any of the shops, but a lot cheaper. I didn’t buy much because I was so overwhelmed with it all. I made a list tonight so I will have a purpose next week!

On the way back from the market we stopped at the lawyer’s office to see if my court papers were ready and the release papers. The court papers were not ready and they said to come back tomorrow. I almost cried in the office, I think I would have if I had not had other people with me. But they did have the release form ready so I took it with me. I decided to talk to the director of the home and see if she would sign Raymond’s release papers even though she told a family yesterday that she will not sign them till she has the court papers. To my surprise, she signed my papers!!!! Thank You God, I needed this so much. I don’t know if I could have left him again. Raymond was asleep while all of this was going on so when Raymond woke up from his nap I went and got him! Raymond is finally with me… forever!!!

When the other family found out that she signed my papers, they went back over and she signed theirs too! They have a son that is about 1.5 years old. Raymond and William get along really well and it is great that they are going through this together. We made the boys hot dogs for dinner!!! It was great to see them eating real food that isn’t mush! Tonight has been awesome, Raymond was a bit out of his element but he did really well. He stayed in my arms the whole night; if I put him down he got pretty upset so now my arms are tired! But I couldn’t be happier! Raymond laid my lap and we read stories, and then said prayers and he went right to sleep in my arms! So awesome!

7 comments:

  1. Hallelujah! I am so happy for you! Hope you have a great weekend with your little man =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy for you and for katherine...and all your families!! have loved watching your journey unfold!

    ~lovelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you. Can't wait to hear how Raymond sleeps and you too. I love the chairs. They are so cute. Max is going to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how his smile lights up his face in that picture. So precious!!
    Love you,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. he is so cute stephanie!! those chairs are great. i am so glad he is with you forever...that is an awesome feeling. sleep well with your son in your arms!! praise God!!
    Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to hear that you have Raymond with you now! :) I hope that you are feeling better and that you will be home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steph, I am happy to hear about all of this. Keep staying ahead of the game in this process. We are ready to meet you at the airport already.

    ReplyDelete