what an incredible day today has been. i knew that our gotcha day was going to be awesome, but i didn't realize how good i would feel getting our visa. we had our visa appointment today and it could not have gone any smoother. the case worker told us that we are her dream case! she said we could come back tomorrow and our visa will be printed! Praise God!!!! thank you to you all that prayed so hard for us. i started to cry a little in the office when she said "you can take your son home", and raymond looked at me and said..."raymond is going to america, yeah" as he put his arms up in the air. it was priceless. i have been talking to him about it, and told him that we were at this meeting so that we can go to america, but i can't believe that he said that at the perfect moment!
so now the adventure continues.... 24 hours on planes and in airports! we will leave uganda friday night and with the time changes we will arrive in atlanta around 2:00 on saturday afternoon! i have so many mixed emotions. i am beyond excited to get home, but still a little sad to be leaving africa. this has been a truly life changing journey that has taught me so much. and the crazy part is that i did it by myself, no one at home will ever know what this was like. its a little strange.
tomorrow afternoon we will have a going away party! i am not looking forward to it. i know it is so important for raymond and for all the nannies here, but i know it is going to be so difficult to say goodbye to these people that loved my son for the past 2.5 years. and also to know that i am taking raymond away form the awesome culture here.
oh, and the picture is of raymond showing me how old he is!! he had no idea how old he was two weeks ago... lots of progress!
yea!! you are coming home!!! i can't wait to see you guys...such an exciting time!
ReplyDeleteenjoy your party tomorrow and suck up every last second you have in uganda. it will be hard to leave...actually, you will leave a part of your heart there, for sure.
we will be waiting at the top of the escalator!!
LOVE YA!
That is so great. I know you are probably ready to see the rest of your family. Raymond is one lucky little boy. My thoughts are with you as you travel.
ReplyDeleteAndrea
We are so happy to be home after an awesome trip to Mexico serving the "orphans". What a blessing it was but I felt so helpless not being able to do anything for you or even talk with you. It was a blessing for me to have that time in the airport today to be able to get the plane tickets for you and Raymond. Only two more days. YEA!!! Can't hardly stand it. We will see you at the top of the escalator.
ReplyDeleteLove you both,
Mom
Oh Steph...I am so happy for you!! I will be praying for a safe trip home. Have fun at the going away party, I'm sure it will be bittersweet.
ReplyDeleteAshleigh
Im just bawling as I type this...I've told you before and i will say it again- You are amazing and have such an amazing and giving family! I am so proud to be your friend, Stephanie. I pray for your safe travel home and I cannot wait to see you and meet Raymond.
ReplyDeleteMUCH love,
Angela